After installing Windows XP Professional with (Service Pack 2), I've
noticed that clicking on "Windows Explorer" it no longer takes me to
"Local Disk (C:), Now it takes me to "My Documents". Is there a way
that I can make it take directly to (C:)?

Dave Kerridge, Atlanta Michigan

Hi

Use the following command for the shortcut to Windows Explorer:

%windir%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c:

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Dave Kerridge" <kutter@core.com> wrote in message
> After installing Windows XP Professional with (Service Pack 2), I've
> noticed that clicking on "Windows Explorer" it no longer takes me to
> "Local Disk (C:), Now it takes me to "My Documents". Is there a way that
> I can make it take directly to (C:)?
>
> Dave Kerridge, Atlanta Michigan

How and where do I input that command? Is it to be entered in its
entirety as you've shown? (%windir%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c:)

Dave Kerridge

Will Denny wrote:
> Hi
>
> Use the following command for the shortcut to Windows Explorer:
>
> %windir%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c:

Hi

How do you access Windows Explorer? It can go into the shortcut in
Programs>Accessories>Windows Explorer - click the icon, select Properties
and then enter the command in the 'Target:' box.

--

Will Denny wrote:
> Hi
>
> How do you access Windows Explorer? It can go into the shortcut in
> Programs>Accessories>Windows Explorer - click the icon, select Properties
> and then enter the command in the 'Target:' box.

Thanks a lot, I'll give it a try.

Dave

Will Denny wrote:

> Hi
>
> How do you access Windows Explorer? It can go into the shortcut in
> Programs>Accessories>Windows Explorer - click the icon, select Properties
> and then enter the command in the 'Target:' box.

I tried entering as directed, but it said that it was invalid, I thought
that the field above (Target), called (Target Location), may also need
to be changed, because it still showed (%SystemRoot%), but I was not
allowed to alter that field, so I'm still stuck.

Dave