Back Glass Lock Issues

O-K Everyone,

Yes I have done a search on this, however I was wondering if anyone
has come up with any new method in picking or drilling a back glass
lock. Yes I am a newbie, and I bought I really nice William's Flash
from a guy in Va. I figured next to mint meant that all the keys came
wit it. My fault for not asking.(Live and learn). Anyway when I got
there he said that he did not have the keys to the back glass lock and
that I could jimmie the lock with a screw driver. Well that didn't work
for me. Are my only options either drilling the lock or getting a lock
smith to come out?

Thanks For Your Time,

Pat de Albuquerque

I just had a similar problem. Great people on this site recommended
removing the lock. I went to Sears and purchased security Torx bits and
unscrewed the bracket holding the lock. The lock came right out.

Rick,

I searched the game thru the inside and no key. There is no bolts
connecting the back glass mech that I can tell. I think I'll take
Loyd's advice and drill the locks.

Thanks For Everyone's Quick Response,

Pat

Rick Swanson wrote:
> pdealbuquerque wrote:
>
> > O-K Everyone,
> >
> > Yes I have done a search on this, however I was wondering if anyone
> > has come up with any new method in picking or drilling a back glass
> > lock. Yes I am a newbie, and I bought I really nice William's Flash
> > from a guy in Va. I figured next to mint meant that all the keys came
> > wit it. My fault for not asking.(Live and learn). Anyway when I got
> > there he said that he did not have the keys to the back glass lock and
> > that I could jimmie the lock with a screw driver. Well that didn't work
> > for me. Are my only options either drilling the lock or getting a lock
> > smith to come out?
> >
> > Thanks For Your Time,
> >
> > Pat de Albuquerque
> >

> Be sure to check the inside of the coin door to make sure it isn't
> hanging on a little hook in there.
>

> Rick Swanson

I've seen a lot of different advice on drilling these. I almost always
drill big and fast. On a backglass you might want to be careful not to
break the glass doing it that way. I have tried going slow and small
but always break a few bits. On a big drill bit I have never broke
anything but the lock. Works good for me but might not be the way to
go about it for you. What game is this? That might help to understand
where the lock is located.

Chris

you sure the keys didn't come off the hook and fly up to the back
corner of the cabinate or attach them selves to the bass speaker
magnet. This happened to me. had to reach in the way back corner to
recover them. You could pick the lock with a paper clip. doesn't take
much. use a flat paper clip to jimmy the barrels and a small flat
screwdriver to rotate the barrel. you have to wiggle the screwdriver
while bouncing the paperclip up and down. it's a lot easier if you
own a lock picking kit. takes about 2 sec then.

Try any key you can find. After that carefully drill it out and replace the
lock. If the head is down, maybe you can reach inside and unscrew the hasp
part. LTG :)

"pdealbuquerque" <pdealbuquerque@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> O-K Everyone,
>
> Yes I have done a search on this, however I was wondering if anyone
> has come up with any new method in picking or drilling a back glass
> lock. Yes I am a newbie, and I bought I really nice William's Flash
> from a guy in Va. I figured next to mint meant that all the keys came
> wit it. My fault for not asking.(Live and learn). Anyway when I got
> there he said that he did not have the keys to the back glass lock and
> that I could jimmie the lock with a screw driver. Well that didn't work
> for me. Are my only options either drilling the lock or getting a lock
> smith to come out?
>
> Thanks For Your Time,
>
> Pat de Albuquerque

Unfortunately his game doesn't have a lock mounted in a metal plate secured
by torx bits. LTG :)

pdealbuquerque wrote:

> O-K Everyone,
>
> Yes I have done a search on this, however I was wondering if anyone
> has come up with any new method in picking or drilling a back glass
> lock. Yes I am a newbie, and I bought I really nice William's Flash
> from a guy in Va. I figured next to mint meant that all the keys came
> wit it. My fault for not asking.(Live and learn). Anyway when I got
> there he said that he did not have the keys to the back glass lock and
> that I could jimmie the lock with a screw driver. Well that didn't work
> for me. Are my only options either drilling the lock or getting a lock
> smith to come out?
>
> Thanks For Your Time,
>
> Pat de Albuquerque

Be sure to check the inside of the coin door to make sure it isn't
hanging on a little hook in there.

Rick Swanson

Or break the key off in the lock when trying to open the head... Sort of
like the new Taxi... good thing it works, no drilling yet.

John!

Rick Swanson wrote:

> Be sure to check the inside of the coin door to make sure it isn't
> hanging on a little hook in there.
>

> Rick Swanson

Lloyd,

Thanks for the suggestion on drilling the lock. I got the biggest
drill bit to drill thru metal and went to work. It worked like a charm
and did NOT harm the back glass to boot. One more classic backglass
saved by Lloyd!

Thanks For Your Time! :)

Pat de Albuquerque