Is Dell warranty transferable?

I have been buying Dell refurbs for years. Both Dimensions and
OptiPlex'. Can't seem to be able to see the inventory for Dimension
refurbs all weekend so I started looking elsewhere. I see a bunch of
people selling brand-new Dells for very good prices. One stated that
it was a "corporate over-purchase." The sellers' pitches state that
their "new in-the-box" Dells carry the same warranty as if they were
bought directly from Dell.

Does Dell honor the warranty on systems that have been resold?

TIA.
Best,

Andrew

--

Birmingham, Alabama, USA
rozsa@usa.invalid

"Andrew J. Rozsa" <rozsa@usa.invalid> wrote in message
>I have been buying Dell refurbs for years. Both Dimensions and
> OptiPlex'. Can't seem to be able to see the inventory for Dimension
> refurbs all weekend so I started looking elsewhere. I see a bunch of
> people selling brand-new Dells for very good prices. One stated that
> it was a "corporate over-purchase." The sellers' pitches state that
> their "new in-the-box" Dells carry the same warranty as if they were
> bought directly from Dell.
>
> Does Dell honor the warranty on systems that have been resold?
>
> TIA.
> Best,
>
> Andrew

Yes they do. I've had (2) off-lease corporate notebooks where Dell honored
the existing (transferred) warranty.

I've transferred the tags here myself:
http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/change_order/en/tag_transfer

Stew

Fixer

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

yes so long as they have proof of ownership and you also get proof of
ownership to you

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 07:31:08 -0500, "S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com>
wrote:

>:|"Andrew J. Rozsa" <rozsa@usa.invalid> wrote in message
>:|news:m9abf11h4dl51lgsgt34lkpioa2addgqe0@4ax.com...

>:|> Does Dell honor the warranty on systems that have been resold?

>:|Yes they do. I've had (2) off-lease corporate notebooks where Dell honored
>:|the existing (transferred) warranty.
>:|
>:|I've transferred the tags here myself:
>:|http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/change_order/en/tag_transfer

Thanks, Stew. Appreciate the cogent reply. Now I know what to ask for
Christmas and point her way to various potential sources.

Best,

Andrew

--

Birmingham, Alabama, USA
rozsa@usa.invalid

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 09:01:49 +0100, "Fixer" <steve.h1@ntlworld.com>
wrote:

>:|yes so long as they have proof of ownership and you also get proof of
>:|ownership to you

>:|"Andrew J. Rozsa" <rozsa@usa.invalid> wrote in message
>:|news:m9abf11h4dl51lgsgt34lkpioa2addgqe0@4ax.com...

>:|> Does Dell honor the warranty on systems that have been resold?

Thanks, Steve. Appreciate the help.

Best,

Andrew

--

> On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 07:31:08 -0500, "S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>:|"Andrew J. Rozsa" <rozsa@usa.invalid> wrote in message
>>:|news:m9abf11h4dl51lgsgt34lkpioa2addgqe0@4ax.com...
>
>>:|> Does Dell honor the warranty on systems that have been resold?
>
>>:|Yes they do. I've had (2) off-lease corporate notebooks where Dell
>>honored
>>:|the existing (transferred) warranty.
>>:|
>>:|I've transferred the tags here myself:
>>:|http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/change_order/en/tag_transfer
>
> Thanks, Stew. Appreciate the cogent reply. Now I know what to ask for
> Christmas and point her way to various potential sources.
>
> Best,
>
> Andrew

Andrew,

You're very welcome.

Here's hoping Santa's good to you. God bless Jefferson
county............and Tuscaloosa county. ;-)

Stew

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 17:47:31 -0500, "S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com>
wrote:

>:| hoping Santa's good to you. God bless Jefferson
>:|county............and Tuscaloosa county. ;-)

and North Shelby County :-D

Best,

Andrew

--