STRETCH

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2005

trying to sign into messenger and gives error 0x8100031d. nothing on
microsoft site with any info. any ideas on how to fix so i can use messenger
again?

Thank You

Uninstall and re-install from the download site.

"STRETCH" <STRETCH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> trying to sign into messenger and gives error 0x8100031d. nothing on
> microsoft site with any info. any ideas on how to fix so i can use
> messenger
> again?
>
> Thank You

start>Run>type the following command: %appdata%\microsoft and press
enter. Delete the MSN Messenger folder.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

"S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
> start>Run>type the following command: %appdata%\microsoft and press
> enter. Delete the MSN Messenger folder.
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP

So is this type of command used when one wants to delete all of an
applications components, of except the ones that are dependancies for other
apps? Then you just reinstall the app from xp's disk? I disable sfp entirely
from my system I think it's one of xp's biggest annoyances.

Bill

TRENDING THREADS