msn messenger

August 4, 2005 3:36:15 PM

trying to sign into messenger and gives error 0x8100031d. nothing on
microsoft site with any info. any ideas on how to fix so i can use messenger
again?

Thank You

More about : msn messenger

Anonymous
August 4, 2005 8:31:26 PM

Uninstall and re-install from the download site.

"STRETCH" <STRETCH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> trying to sign into messenger and gives error 0x8100031d. nothing on
> microsoft site with any info. any ideas on how to fix so i can use
> messenger
> again?
>
> Thank You
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 11:39:06 PM

start>Run>type the following command: %appdata%\microsoft and press
enter. Delete the MSN Messenger folder.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

STRETCH wrote:
> trying to sign into messenger and gives error 0x8100031d. nothing on
> microsoft site with any info. any ideas on how to fix so i can use messenger
> again?
>
> Thank You
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 1:46:43 AM

"S.Sengupta" <ssengupta_@msn.com> wrote in message
news:o LT24ccmFHA.2156@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> start>Run>type the following command: %appdata%\microsoft and press
> enter. Delete the MSN Messenger folder.
>
> regards,
> ssg MS-MVP

So is this type of command used when one wants to delete all of an
applications components, of except the ones that are dependancies for other
apps? Then you just reinstall the app from xp's disk? I disable sfp entirely
from my system I think it's one of xp's biggest annoyances.

Bill
!