XP Task Scheduler and Automatic Updates

I have a PC running XP Home SP2.

I just disabled Task Scheduler via Control Panel/Administrative
Tools/Services. Does Windows' Automatic Updates rely on Task Scheduler in
any way? I have Automatic Updates turned on.

According to the Automatic Updates Service properties, it has no dependencies.

"History Fan" wrote:

> I have a PC running XP Home SP2.
>
> I just disabled Task Scheduler via Control Panel/Administrative
> Tools/Services. Does Windows' Automatic Updates rely on Task Scheduler in
> any way? I have Automatic Updates turned on.
>

> Hello, About a year ago I disabled Task Scheduler, there was a negative effect on something, I am tempted to say it was the Prefetch ability but I really do not remember. You can check the Windows Update Site and the Prefetch ability.
Old and Forgetful.
Take Care.
beamish.