Rise on Nations

I keep getting a message 'Failure to read XML files.'
Game can start but with no sound. I have a P3 1G cpu,
512MB ram using R9600se graphic card on a 2 year old pc.
I have tried:
1. Re-installing game.
2. Updating bios and soundcard/video drivers.
Still don't work, please help.
4 answers Last reply
More about rise nations
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    Hi Ming,

    Download and install the complete MS XML Service Pack 2:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3144b72b-b4f2-46da-b4b6-c5d7485f2b42&DisplayLang=en

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Ming" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c05c01c4520d$258ebb20$a501280a@phx.gbl...
    |I keep getting a message 'Failure to read XML files.'
    | Game can start but with no sound. I have a P3 1G cpu,
    | 512MB ram using R9600se graphic card on a 2 year old pc.
    | I have tried:
    | 1. Re-installing game.
    | 2. Updating bios and soundcard/video drivers.
    | Still don't work, please help.

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    Dear Jimmy S.
    Thanks for your assistance. I've downloaded and installed
    the MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK. Now I get a
    message 'error reading XML file.' Please advise any other
    solutions to fix this?

    Best regards.

    Shell / User
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    >Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
    scid=FH;[LN];gms
    http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
    >MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
    scid=sz;en-us;top
    >My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I
    confer any rights.

    >"Ming" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:1c05c01c4520d$258ebb20$a501280a@phx.gbl...
    >|I keep getting a message 'Failure to read XML files.'
    >| Game can start but with no sound. I have a P3 1G cpu,
    >| 512MB ram using R9600se graphic card on a 2 year old
    pc.
    >| I have tried:
    >| 1. Re-installing game.
    >| 2. Updating bios and soundcard/video drivers.
    >| Still don't work, please help.
    >|

    >.

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    Hi Ming,

    Sounds like almost the same error message as you had before.
    Try reinstalling RoN while your antivirus software is disabled.

    --

    "Ming" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ce6e01c452ee$57f53bc0$a001280a@phx.gbl...
    | Dear Jimmy S.
    | Thanks for your assistance. I've downloaded and installed
    | the MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK. Now I get a
    | message 'error reading XML file.' Please advise any other
    | solutions to fix this?
    |
    | Best regards.

    | >|

    | >.

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    It`s very easy to fix it...

    Install file E:\REDIST\MSXMLENU.MSI from your Rise of Natrions: Throne
    and Patriots CD.

Games Video Games