I keep getting a message 'Failure to read XML files.'
Game can start but with no sound. I have a P3 1G cpu,
512MB ram using R9600se graphic card on a 2 year old pc.
I have tried:
1. Re-installing game.
2. Updating bios and soundcard/video drivers.
Still don't work, please help.

Hi Ming,

Download and install the complete MS XML Service Pack 2:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=3144b72b-b4f2-46da-b4b6-c5d7485f2b42&DisplayLang=en

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"Ming" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c05c01c4520d$258ebb20$a501280a@phx.gbl...
|I keep getting a message 'Failure to read XML files.'
| Game can start but with no sound. I have a P3 1G cpu,
| 512MB ram using R9600se graphic card on a 2 year old pc.
| I have tried:
| 1. Re-installing game.
| 2. Updating bios and soundcard/video drivers.
| Still don't work, please help.

Dear Jimmy S.
Thanks for your assistance. I've downloaded and installed
the MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK. Now I get a
message 'error reading XML file.' Please advise any other
solutions to fix this?

Best regards.

Shell / User
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

>Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=FH;[LN];gms
http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call / Contact
>MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?
scid=sz;en-us;top
>My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I
confer any rights.

>"Ming" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1c05c01c4520d$258ebb20$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>|I keep getting a message 'Failure to read XML files.'
>| Game can start but with no sound. I have a P3 1G cpu,
>| 512MB ram using R9600se graphic card on a 2 year old
pc.
>| I have tried:
>| 1. Re-installing game.
>| 2. Updating bios and soundcard/video drivers.
>| Still don't work, please help.
>|

>.

Hi Ming,

Sounds like almost the same error message as you had before.
Try reinstalling RoN while your antivirus software is disabled.

--

"Ming" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ce6e01c452ee$57f53bc0$a001280a@phx.gbl...
| Dear Jimmy S.
| Thanks for your assistance. I've downloaded and installed
| the MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK. Now I get a
| message 'error reading XML file.' Please advise any other
| solutions to fix this?
|
| Best regards.

| >|

| >.

It`s very easy to fix it...

Install file E:\REDIST\MSXMLENU.MSI from your Rise of Natrions: Throne
and Patriots CD.