Cannot Delete a File

Hi there,

We have a file MindinBody10[1][1].050utline. which we cannot rename nor
delete the message we get when we try and delete is 'Cannot delete file:
Cannot read from source file or disk' we have tried this both in Safe Mode
and normal mode.

Any ideas on how we could rename this file or delete it?

Many thanks, Tim.
2 answers Last reply
More about cannot delete file

    "Tim" <erat@NOSPAMblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > We have a file MindinBody10[1][1].050utline. which we cannot rename nor
    > delete the message we get when we try and delete is 'Cannot delete file:
    > Cannot read from source file or disk' we have tried this both in Safe Mode
    > and normal mode.
    >
    > Any ideas on how we could rename this file or delete it?
    >
    > Many thanks, Tim.

    Look for a program from Gipo called move on next boot. This gives you the
    ability to right click on the file and it will be deleted on the next boot.

    Rich

    Hi there,

    Many thanks, Tim.

    "Rich" <madeyoulook@dot.com> wrote in message

    > "Tim" <erat@NOSPAMblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Hi there,
    >>
    >> We have a file MindinBody10[1][1].050utline. which we cannot rename nor
    >> delete the message we get when we try and delete is 'Cannot delete file:
    >> Cannot read from source file or disk' we have tried this both in Safe
    >> Mode and normal mode.
    >>
    >> Any ideas on how we could rename this file or delete it?
    >>
    >> Many thanks, Tim.
    >>

    > Look for a program from Gipo called move on next boot. This gives you the
    > ability to right click on the file and it will be deleted on the next
    > boot.
    >
    > Rich

Safe Mode Microsoft Windows XP