Toshiba Sattelite M305D Screen has Blank Screen in certain angle

raskits

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
I have a Toshiba Sattelite M305D that has a screen that doesnt work when i open it for more than 30 degree angle. Every time i open it wide the screen just goes blank.

Can anyone help me what seems to be the problem? Can it be the video cable? logic board?

Any help would be great THANKS!

bigbang

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2004
if it goes completely dark and blank then its the monitor power cable, open it up and solder it with a conductive metal, oor just give it to a shop who has the tools. if it was the video cable it would usually give a no signal warning

cerito

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

My laptop used to display with the screen 45 degrees open. Now it won't. It would despaly at 90 degrees open. Now it won't. I have to have the screen as open as possible to see a display on the screen. Any suggestions on how to fix this or is the pc on it's way out? From what you've written, I believe it's my monitor power cable since the angle at which it is open makes the difference between display or no display.

johninfrance

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
Had the same problem with a Toshiba - I took the screen apart and found a partly separated connector at the base of the screen - reconnected and still working 2 years on. Good luck