Hi. I am trying to automate some disk maintenance tasks using the task
scheduler. In particular, I am trying to use disk cleanup and disk
defragmenter. After I go through the process of scheduling them, when the
time comes for them to run, they just open, just as if I double click on the
icon. The computer is now waiting for me to click the button to get them
started. Is there a way around this? Thanks for any help.

Addtionally, see www.dougknox.com, Win XP Fixes, Defrag All Hard Disks.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Eric and Megan Swope" <swope1221@verizon.net> wrote in message news:psuIe.5705$b91.4349@trndny06...
> Hi. I am trying to automate some disk maintenance tasks using the task
> scheduler. In particular, I am trying to use disk cleanup and disk
> defragmenter. After I go through the process of scheduling them, when the
> time comes for them to run, they just open, just as if I double click on the
> icon. The computer is now waiting for me to click the button to get them
> started. Is there a way around this? Thanks for any help.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315246
How to Automate the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows XP

For Defrag, use the command line version DEFRAG. DEFRAG /? from the Command Prompt window will give you a list of all the options.
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Eric and Megan Swope" <swope1221@verizon.net> wrote in message news:psuIe.5705$b91.4349@trndny06...
> Hi. I am trying to automate some disk maintenance tasks using the task
> scheduler. In particular, I am trying to use disk cleanup and disk
> defragmenter. After I go through the process of scheduling them, when the
> time comes for them to run, they just open, just as if I double click on the
> icon. The computer is now waiting for me to click the button to get them
> started. Is there a way around this? Thanks for any help.

Thanks for the article Doug. I did what it suggested, but the same thing
happened. When the scheduled time rolled around, Disk Cleanup opened up and
was waiting for me to click "ok". If you need more information, let me
know, but this is frustrating, all I want to do is schedule these tasks to
save me time. Again, thank you in advance.

Eric

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart
Display\Security
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Eric and Megan Swope" <swope1221@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Hi. I am trying to automate some disk maintenance tasks using the task
> scheduler. In particular, I am trying to use disk cleanup and disk
> defragmenter. After I go through the process of scheduling them, when the
> time comes for them to run, they just open, just as if I double click on
> the
> icon. The computer is now waiting for me to click the button to get them
> started. Is there a way around this? Thanks for any help.

Doug, thanks a bunch. After playing with it a while, I got it to work.
Thanks for the info.

Addtionally, see www.dougknox.com, Win XP Fixes, Defrag All Hard Disks.

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart
Display\Security
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Eric and Megan Swope" <swope1221@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Hi. I am trying to automate some disk maintenance tasks using the task
> scheduler. In particular, I am trying to use disk cleanup and disk
> defragmenter. After I go through the process of scheduling them, when the
> time comes for them to run, they just open, just as if I double click on
> the
> icon. The computer is now waiting for me to click the button to get them
> started. Is there a way around this? Thanks for any help.

You're welcome :)