Destroyed DX9 with AMD driver :l

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maher90

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
so well uh..my problem is one of a kind a mess :D Last night i was trying to find a way to remove DX9 from windows 7 so i kept going to alot of sites...SO what i did is i just went to Registry and Deleted both DirectX folders with binaries and strings in both Microsoft and Wow64node/MS but then i discovered that i had just done a big mistake

So i couldn't install DX anymore..even with full redist but the DxDiag still says i have DirectX11 lol how? :heink: anyways i followed someone's guide to restore DX9 but using XP way and it worked but i discovered it has ruined my AMD Catalyst Driver 12.9 beta..i no longer can adjust Tessellation and some settings went away from the graphic card

i even tried reinstalling with Redist and web and they do install but they do not change registry and still i have problems in the driver so Please any help?! i do not want to reinstall whole windows again :( :(

Edit:Games are still working fine somehow but i didn't try DX11 games yet

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Games that support DX10+ should allow to pick which DX version you want to run, or defaults to 10/11. No point in removing DX9 since the risks, OS/driver corruption and incompatibility with DX9-only software, is too great to be worth it.

And if you can still run DX9 games supposedly without DX9 files, your uninstall was incomplete and only accomplished in breaking your driver.

I would recommend using System Restore and undo your mess.

Maher90

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
@BadDay i am sorry mate .. no system restore point :l

@Edogawa..look since i got my Graphic Card (ATi 7770) i was having huge artifacts and still so i thought maybe it was corruption in DirectX files

EDIT:i reverted back to 12.8 but still Tessellation and other options are gone :(

4745454b

Titan
Wow, bookmarking this one. For the record OP DX levels are backwards compatible. So if something says you have DX11, you can also run DX10, DX9, etc. If you only have DX9, then you can't run 10 or 11.

If you were poking around in the reg, then I would do a repair install at this point. Not sure how to do it with Win7.

Maher90

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
@Cobra...your super idiot..i did not blame AMD

@474545b lol i know about backward compatible but seems i ruined something so both of them intersected well gonna try Repair Disc

Status
Not open for further replies.