New Folder Propmt

Is anyone aware of any means of being able to highlight a folder in IE and
get a prompt to create a new folder? It is a pain to always have to go to
the menu and select New|Folder when I want to create a new one.

Marv

Rich

"Marv Wade" <NG@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> Is anyone aware of any means of being able to highlight a folder in IE and
> get a prompt to create a new folder? It is a pain to always have to go to
> the menu and select New|Folder when I want to create a new one.
>
> Marv

Right click on Local Folders and choose new? Am I missing something here?

Rich

No, that works for Outlook Express.What I am looking for is the same
functionality in Windows Explorer. Sorry, I said IE before.

Marv

"Rich" <madeyoulook@dot.com> wrote in message

> "Marv Wade" <NG@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Is anyone aware of any means of being able to highlight a folder in IE
>> and get a prompt to create a new folder? It is a pain to always have to
>> go to the menu and select New|Folder when I want to create a new one.
>>
>> Marv
>>

> Right click on Local Folders and choose new? Am I missing something here?
>
> Rich

moimeme

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2005

Right-click ->new->folder

"Marv Wade" <NG@columbus.rr.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
ukApFYTmFHA.3144@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> No, that works for Outlook Express.What I am looking for is the same
> functionality in Windows Explorer. Sorry, I said IE before.
>
> Marv
>
> "Rich" <madeyoulook@dot.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Marv Wade" <NG@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> Is anyone aware of any means of being able to highlight a folder in IE
>>> and get a prompt to create a new folder? It is a pain to always have to
>>> go to the menu and select New|Folder when I want to create a new one.
>>>
>>> Marv
>>>

>> Right click on Local Folders and choose new? Am I missing something here?
>>
>> Rich

If I right Click I get a number of entries to Copy, Move, Search, Delete,
etc., but no New Folder option.

Marv

"MoiMeme" <vermeulenp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Right-click ->new->folder
>
> "Marv Wade" <NG@columbus.rr.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
> ukApFYTmFHA.3144@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> No, that works for Outlook Express.What I am looking for is the same
>> functionality in Windows Explorer. Sorry, I said IE before.
>>
>> Marv
>>
>> "Rich" <madeyoulook@dot.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Marv Wade" <NG@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message

>>> Right click on Local Folders and choose new? Am I missing something
>>> here?
>>>
>>> Rich

click on the right side of the screen. in the area where the files are
located. not on the left where the folders are located. Then you will see
'new' and folder as an option under that.

> If I right Click I get a number of entries to Copy, Move, Search, Delete,
> etc., but no New Folder option.
>
> Marv
>

> "MoiMeme" <vermeulenp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Right-click ->new->folder
>>
>> "Marv Wade" <NG@columbus.rr.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
>> ukApFYTmFHA.3144@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>> No, that works for Outlook Express.What I am looking for is the same
>>> functionality in Windows Explorer. Sorry, I said IE before.
>>>
>>> Marv
>>>
>>> "Rich" <madeyoulook@dot.com> wrote in message

File | New | Folder or ALT+ F + W + F

New Command Missing in Windows Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;180257

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:%23araCtTmFHA.2444@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Marv Wade <NG@columbus.rr.com> hunted and pecked:
> If I right Click I get a number of entries to Copy, Move, Search, Delete,
> etc., but no New Folder option.
>
> Marv
>

> "MoiMeme" <vermeulenp@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Right-click ->new->folder
>>
>> "Marv Wade" <NG@columbus.rr.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
>> ukApFYTmFHA.3144@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>> No, that works for Outlook Express.What I am looking for is the same
>>> functionality in Windows Explorer. Sorry, I said IE before.
>>>
>>> Marv
>>>
>>> "Rich" <madeyoulook@dot.com> wrote in message

Wow, all this time and I never saw that before. Thanks

Marv