Quick Launch Not There at Boot

My wife has a Dell notebook with XP that suddenly has started not to display
the Quick Launch bar after boot. She has to right-click, properties, then
select Quick Launch after each boot. It will remain until she boots then she
repeats the check mark.
--
Christopher
1 answer Last reply

    Suggestions:

    Quick Launch: Gives error message, Cannot Create Toolbar

    Either download the .reg or .vbs from here or run my utility listed below it
    to correct.
    Note: If you already have my utility downloaded, you will need to
    re-download for the added fix.

    Cannot Create Toolbar - Quick Launch (Line 296)

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus! Quick Launch - Repair

    Quick Launch: Won't remain checked/present nor retains the sort order

    Either check your settings here:

    Go to Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to this key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon.

    In the right pane under Userinit, Change the key to read:
    C:\Windows\System32\Userinit.exe,

    Or download and run the reg file on line 263 (right hand side)

    Tip:

    To use the Regedit: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it
    and answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by
    right clicking on the file and selecting Edit.

    To use the VBS Files: Download .vbs file and save it to your hard drive (you
    may want to right click and use Save Target As). Double click the vbs
    file. You will be prompted when the script is done.

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Christopher" <Christopher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My wife has a Dell notebook with XP that suddenly has started not to
    > display
    > the Quick Launch bar after boot. She has to right-click, properties, then
    > select Quick Launch after each boot. It will remain until she boots then
    > she
    > repeats the check mark.
    > --
    > Christopher