Looking for sick gaming laptop for <2000.01. FAQ filled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sohnsat

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
Hello everyone! I would like to thank you all in advance for your assistance in getting a laptop that will do what I want it to. Here is the FAQ.

1_What is your budget? <$2000.01

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 17-18.3 inch screens

3_What screen resolution do you want? 1920X1080 at the least, 1200 at best

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop replacement so I can lan easier.

5_How much battery life do you need? At least one hour. I plan to be hooked up most the time tho.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Highest end games (crysis) at as close to max settings as possible. The laptop’s main use is for gaming with extreme performance.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.) Gaming mostly… MAYBE running high-end mathematical modeling software at my university.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? Around 300-400 gigs, but this can be reduced for gaming performance and staying in the price range.

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them. Don’t care who gives me my fix.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? Around two years.

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc? I download most of my content (the legit way) so this also can be lowered to in order to get more performance for my buck

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Don’t care, as long as I get a laptop that can play awesome games and is durable enough for backpack carrying

13_What country do you live in? U.S.A.

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed. Needs an Intel I-720 at least, at least 4 gigs of 1066 ram, nvida geforce 250 at least, 17+ inch HD ultra screen with minimum 1920x1080 resolution, backlit keyboard, and minimum 200 gigs of storage.

I was looking at http://laptops.toshiba.com/laptops/qosmio/X500/X505-Q850 This laptop is basically what I want except for instead of a blu ray reader or the extra 2 gigs of ram maybe a better screen or graphics card. I don't need a solid state so that could also be sacraficed for gaming performance. With my discount I can snag it for 1800 with a backpack custom for it after taxes etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.