Problem with memory Pavilion 4535

Hello all

I got memory problems: A-DATA 128MB 168-Pin SDRAM Unbuffered PC 133
System Memory - OEM

I have a Pavilion 4535 With the orignal 64 SDRAM and got this item
above from newegg.com Do I need pairs or is the speed to high PC133 I
getting HSI on Aug 17 05 and need at lease 128 MB. Do I need to return
this or buy another like it.

Also if this won't work what is a good brand that will work? Thanks

PS Need PC parts use www.newegg.com is a great company use it. Fast
shipments is A+

For the Pavilion 4535, the HP web site states "SDRAM, 100 MHz, Intel PC SDRAM
unbuffered DIMM specification, revision 1.0 compliant". In addition, the memory
chips need to be the low density type, i.e. more chips per DIMM, probably 16
chips, 8 to a side. The info on the HP web site was probably authored before
high density chips came into production. PC133 memory may or may not work.

The system does not require matched DIMMs. You can install 128MB alongside
64MB, for example.

The problem is not one of brands. It's having memory that meets the
motherboard's specs... Ben Myers

On 26 Jul 2005 15:59:55 -0700, "WFF" <computer32@wefindfriends.com> wrote:

>Hello all
>
>I got memory problems: A-DATA 128MB 168-Pin SDRAM Unbuffered PC 133
>System Memory - OEM
>
>I have a Pavilion 4535 With the orignal 64 SDRAM and got this item
>above from newegg.com Do I need pairs or is the speed to high PC133 I
>getting HSI on Aug 17 05 and need at lease 128 MB. Do I need to return
>this or buy another like it.
>
>Also if this won't work what is a good brand that will work? Thanks
>
>PS Need PC parts use www.newegg.com is a great company use it. Fast
>shipments is A+

Thanks Ben I found some. I won't get it for a while but I will post if
the new memory will work. 128MB sdram pc100-322-620 is on my memory
stick I search that and found some. So I orderd some, Hope it works.

I got my new memory today. When I boot up it says I now have only 64MB,
When I look in the properties and is reads 191MB what is right? Or do I
stll have bad memory? Same 4535 Montheboard. Memory was Pc100-322-620

Different!! What do the BIOS setup screens say? ... Ben Myers

On 9 Aug 2005 16:08:07 -0700, "WFF" <computer32@wefindfriends.com> wrote:

>I got my new memory today. When I boot up it says I now have only 64MB,
>When I look in the properties and is reads 191MB what is right? Or do I
>stll have bad memory? Same 4535 Montheboard. Memory was Pc100-322-620

I now know what happen. I do have 191MB memory in my system, The reason
I said I pnly had 64MB was simple... That was my 64MB video card?.
Sorry about this, and thanks for your help!