osa9.exe ?

August 5, 2005 2:26:53 AM

How do I remove this from my msconfig | startup listing ?
I ran Office 2000's setup.exe to remove the office toolbar but,osa9.exe
remains in msconfig | startup list.
TIA Richard

More about : osa9 exe

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 2:26:54 AM

It depends on where its loaded from.

Start Menu: Right click the Start button and select Explore and Explore All Users. Locate the shortcut (usually in Start Menu, Programs, Start Menu, Startup) and remove it.

For the Registry:

Click Start, Run and enter REGEDIT Go to:

And

Locate the entry, in the right pane, that's loading OSA9.EXE. Right click it and select Delete.

If the item is unchecked in MSCONFIG, then in Regedit, look in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg

For the subkey that contains the settings for the disabled program and delete the subkey.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

!