Pci Input device

Kinnyr90

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2012
Hi,

I have an Issue when I go into the device manager of my Windows 7 64 bit desktop pc it says, The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver. This is for the pci input device. I tried updating the drivers and it says windows could not find the drivers for this device if you know the manufacturer go to there website. I tried searching for the drivers manually through the list that windows gives you but said it couldn't find them either. I have a Creative audigy 2 sound card and when I go to update the driver from the audigy 2 it says that it can't find drivers even though they are installed and the sound card is working. Nothing indicates that they are installed except for the fact that it does show a driver date and version. I have the latest drivers. From 3 something 2012 I tried updating the drivers from creatives website but it said no hardware device could be detected on my system. Should I maybe reinstall the card? Just put it back into the same slot on my motherboard?

Thanks so much

Kinnyr90

Kinnyr90

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2012

I tried the driver from creative it said it could not found a Creative Hardware product on my computer. So It wouldn't install it It was not an updated driver, it was just going over it with the same on that is already on my computer. Also I only have 1 Pci slot on my motherboard. So I would have to use that one. The driver is the latest one from 2010

Kinnyr90

Try this:

1. Go the manufacturer website for your MOTHERBOARD and find the BIOS and Drivers section (drivers must match Windows version)

2. Reflash the BIOS if yours is too old

3. Install/Reinstall the Main Chipset driver for your motherboard

4. Ensure the BIOS has onboard sound disabled

5. Remove your current sound card (power off)

6. Boot up and REMOVE all software for your sound card

7. Reinstall the sound card and boot up

8. Reinstall the sound card drivers