Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Static shock broken speaker

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
December 9, 2010 5:16:52 PM

Hello, i had my robe on, touched my sound bar... felt a zap, then the sound went. The sound bar still works, still comes on, powers ipod, just no sound. Did i short it out. HELP!!!
December 10, 2010 5:12:23 PM

static electricity probably damaged an electronic part inside the sound bar. You will need to return it to the repair center, or buy a new one.
December 11, 2010 12:59:48 AM

Go simple first. Unplug the power cord from the wall for 30 seconds, then reconnect. It should reset the unit. Some receivers have a pair of keys you hold down to reset the micro, but I've never seen that in a soundbar - try the pluggy.
!