How do I remove Yahoo from XP's Search -> On the Internet?

Hello,

Does anyone know how to remove this from Windows XP's Search in its
Start Menu? I keep getting Yahoo's search on the left frame set. I
already uninstalled Yahoo Messenger and its other stuff, but I still get
it. I want to go back to the old XP's search.

Thank you in advance.
--
Phillip Pi
Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst

Search and remove keyword google at regeditor.

--
http://free.zerohosting.co.kr

"Phillip Pi"님� 작성한 내용:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know how to remove this from Windows XP's Search in its
> Start Menu? I keep getting Yahoo's search on the left frame set. I
> already uninstalled Yahoo Messenger and its other stuff, but I still get
> it. I want to go back to the old XP's search.
>
> Thank you in advance.
> --
> Phillip Pi
> Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
> Norton SystemWorks (PC)
> Symantec Corporation
> www.symantec.com
> Email: phillip_pi@symantec.comSYMC (remove SYMC to reply by e-mail)
> Please do NOT e-mail me for technical support. DISCLAIMER: The views
> expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the
> views of my employer. Thank you.

Click on the double caret >> next to custom on that search window and choose
customize, you will see your option.

"Phillip Pi" <phillip_pi@symantec.comSYMC> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know how to remove this from Windows XP's Search in its Start
> Menu? I keep getting Yahoo's search on the left frame set. I already
> uninstalled Yahoo Messenger and its other stuff, but I still get it. I
> want to go back to the old XP's search.
>
> Thank you in advance.
> --
> Phillip Pi
> Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
> Norton SystemWorks (PC)
> Symantec Corporation
> www.symantec.com
> Email: phillip_pi@symantec.comSYMC (remove SYMC to reply by e-mail)
> Please do NOT e-mail me for technical support. DISCLAIMER: The views
> expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the
> views of my employer. Thank you.

pcbutts1 said the way to hide only at IE.

"pcbutts1"님� 작성한 내용:

> Click on the double caret >> next to custom on that search window and choose
> customize, you will see your option.

> "Phillip Pi" <phillip_pi@symantec.comSYMC> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > Does anyone know how to remove this from Windows XP's Search in its Start
> > Menu? I keep getting Yahoo's search on the left frame set. I already
> > uninstalled Yahoo Messenger and its other stuff, but I still get it. I
> > want to go back to the old XP's search.
> >
> > Thank you in advance.
> > --
> > Phillip Pi
> > Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
> > Norton SystemWorks (PC)
> > Symantec Corporation
> > www.symantec.com
> > Email: phillip_pi@symantec.comSYMC (remove SYMC to reply by e-mail)
> > Please do NOT e-mail me for technical support. DISCLAIMER: The views
> > expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the
> > views of my employer. Thank you.

"Phillip Pi" <phillip_pi@symantec.comSYMC> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know how to remove this from Windows XP's Search in its Start
> Menu? I keep getting Yahoo's search on the left frame set. I already
> uninstalled Yahoo Messenger and its other stuff, but I still get it. I
> want to go back to the old XP's search.
>
> Thank you in advance.
> --
> Phillip Pi

can you do it from Tools->Addons in IE?
bob

On 8/4/2005 4:54 PM PT, pcbutts1 wrote:

> Click on the double caret >> next to custom on that search window and choose
> customize, you will see your option.

Thank you. That was it. I missed the >> part.
--
Phillip Pi
Senior Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Norton SystemWorks (PC)
Symantec Corporation
www.symantec.com
Email: phillip_pi@symantec.comSYMC (remove SYMC to reply by e-mail)
Please do NOT e-mail me for technical support. DISCLAIMER: The views
expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the
views of my employer. Thank you.

You're welcome.