Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow1551

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
Hello everyone, I have been trouble with my Toshiba. It has lately been shutting off and not turning on. The timer light is flashing in a code and I was told the capacitors are bad. its 3 flashes then a pause.
I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to replace the capacitors, how much are they, where can I buy them. Or is this even the right code? Or is it something else.

The model of the TV is a Toshiba-42HL196 Chassis # TAC0604

Thank you.

Solution
I would like to say just use the soldering iron and go to your local electronic hardware shop to pick up some new capacitor to replace them.

But knowing that it is a new flat screen, I am not so confident about my claim. Their components are a lot smaller and more tightly soldered and compacted on the PCB. They may even be connected to multi layer PCB, which is impossible to replace yourself.

The days of self repairable TV is pretty much gone. That is why I don't fix them any more.
I would like to say just use the soldering iron and go to your local electronic hardware shop to pick up some new capacitor to replace them.

But knowing that it is a new flat screen, I am not so confident about my claim. Their components are a lot smaller and more tightly soldered and compacted on the PCB. They may even be connected to multi layer PCB, which is impossible to replace yourself.

The days of self repairable TV is pretty much gone. That is why I don't fix them any more.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS