Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS 7.1 Soundcard

ferg

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2002

I was thinking of getting this as an option in a new dell dimension 9100,can
anyone confirm what software comes with this card from dell
compared to the full retail product which is same price (£65) but getting it
from dell means i dont have to install it and it wont void my waaranty
Id also be interested in hearing from people using the onboard sound option
of the 9100,the system i am ordering comes with the Dell 5650 5.1 Surround
Speaker System
I play the odd game,halo,half life 2 ,and watch the odd dvd now and again on
it as well as listening to my cd collection

Ferg

remove nospam to reply

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 14:14:20 +0100, "ferg" <winzip51nospam@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I was thinking of getting this as an option in a new dell dimension 9100,can
>anyone confirm what software comes with this card from dell
>compared to the full retail product which is same price (£65) but getting it
>from dell means i dont have to install it and it wont void my waaranty
>Id also be interested in hearing from people using the onboard sound option
>of the 9100,the system i am ordering comes with the Dell 5650 5.1 Surround
>Speaker System

I have a Dimension 8400 that I purchased in December with the SB Audigy
2 ZS 7.1 Channel audio card and the Dell 5650 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker
System. The sound is awesome!

Audio software, beside the Creative suite that was included with the
card, included the Dell (MusicMatch) Jukebox software, which includes CD
burning capability, Sonic RecordNow!, Sonic MyDVD and, if I remember
correctly, as it is no longer on my machine, Easy Media Creator 5.

I have since upgraded my previously purchased Roxio Easy Media Creator
to version 7.5, which takes the place of most of that software.
--
<<<SgtRich>>>
Desktop: Dimension 8400

SgtRich wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 14:14:20 +0100, "ferg" <winzip51nospam@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>>I was thinking of getting this as an option in a new dell dimension 9100,can
>>anyone confirm what software comes with this card from dell
>>compared to the full retail product which is same price (£65) but getting it
>
>>from dell means i dont have to install it and it wont void my waaranty
>
>>Id also be interested in hearing from people using the onboard sound option
>>of the 9100,the system i am ordering comes with the Dell 5650 5.1 Surround
>>Speaker System
>>

> I have a Dimension 8400 that I purchased in December with the SB Audigy
> 2 ZS 7.1 Channel audio card and the Dell 5650 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker
> System. The sound is awesome!
>
> Audio software, beside the Creative suite that was included with the
> card, included the Dell (MusicMatch) Jukebox software, which includes CD
> burning capability, Sonic RecordNow!, Sonic MyDVD and, if I remember
> correctly, as it is no longer on my machine, Easy Media Creator 5.
>
> I have since upgraded my previously purchased Roxio Easy Media Creator
> to version 7.5, which takes the place of most of that software.

I don't really recall getting anything special with my Audigy 2 ZS on my
8400 except for the Creative Labs install cd.

I would opt for a genuine sound card if you play games. No sense in
putting the load from sound onto your CPU when the sound chip on the
real card can handle it. My experience is that if you are just a casual
computer user, the onboard sound is just fine. If you are into gaming
or watching movies/etc, putting in a real sound card is the way to go.

I have no complaints with my Audigy2 ZS. It's been a great card.

I just got a 9100 with the SB Audigy 2 ZS. Did you have any problems
installing web updates from Creative's website? I tried to install the
5/05 update from their website and it says it cannot find any
Soundblaster Audigy 2 soundcard in my system.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Michael

<msovitzky@c-gconsulting.com> wrote in message
I just got a 9100 with the SB Audigy 2 ZS. Did you have any problems
installing web updates from Creative's website? I tried to install the
5/05 update from their website and it says it cannot find any
Soundblaster Audigy 2 soundcard in my system.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Michael

Mike,

See the thread you started up top about using Dell versus Creative retail
drivers....

Stew