Hiring - HP Hardware Field Service Engineers - Philly PA, ..

Glitch

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2004

We are a large HP "Only" Hardware Field Service company in search of
employees for
key geographical cities. Extensive experience on HP 9000 and V-Class systems
and
the XP256. Interested parties should e-mail their resume for consideration.
Extremely
interested in recently rifted/laid off HP Employees. Cities of opportunity
include Philadelphia PA,
Dallas/Fort Worth and Austin Texas, Phoenix AZ, Chicago IL, and Denver Co.
Thank you,
Dan Loeb / the_loebs@yahoo.com
fax 410-247-8007
Office - (800)392-2807 ext 629

Frank Slootweg wrote: >

>> Google trashes strings containing the at char.
>> For your protection, of course.

> Just put your browser's cursor/pointer on
> the dots and all will be revealed [1]! :).

Cool. Thanks.

Of course, the Google policy is still silly, as
a. anyone posting their email WANTS it posted, and
b. any serious spammer will get their own NNTP feed
and harvest from there.

My guess is that the at-munging was to reduce the
harvest 'bots hitting on Google itself, and had little
to do with protecting the users from themselves.

[Subject: changed]

rjn <email4rjn@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Frank Slootweg wrote: >
>
> >> Google trashes strings containing the at char.
> >> For your protection, of course.
>
> > Just put your browser's cursor/pointer on
> > the dots and all will be revealed [1]! :).
>
> Cool. Thanks.
>
> Of course, the Google policy is still silly, as
> a. anyone posting their email WANTS it posted, and
> b. any serious spammer will get their own NNTP feed
> and harvest from there.
>
> My guess is that the at-munging was to reduce the
> harvest 'bots hitting on Google itself, and had little
> to do with protecting the users from themselves.

Yes, the major complaints (in news.software.readers) were that they
are doing it without consent, especially without consent from the
posters which do *not* *post* via/with Google Groups, and that they are
doing it after the fact, i.e. also for postings which were posted (can
you say "two *decades*"?) *before* this new policy came in effect.

Anyway, the concensus (in nsr) is that Google no longer cares about
Usenet, just about themselves. Case in point: The severely broken new
Google Groups 'BETA' user-interface.