Should i go on 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hents1230

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
Hello!

I wonderd if i should go on windows 7.I have quite old computer at the moment.
CPU - Amd Sempron 3000+ 1,8ghz singel core
GPU - Nvidia Geforce 6600 (upgrading within month to Geforce 9500gt 1gb version)
Motherboard - Asus K8N4-E Deluxe
RAM - Kingiston DDR 521 MB (upgrading within month to 2x1GB Crosair 400mhz DDR

Or should i stick with XP?Xp hasn't DX 10 and Vista is too strong for this comp to handle.

Solution
I think the best thing is for you to add a second hard drive, clone the c: drive and store it on the second drive, then do a fresh install of windows 7 on the c: drive. That's the only way to really know how 7 will respond.

I had windows 7 rc loaded on a amd 64 3000 with two gigs of ram and it ran well for me.

netguysc

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
I think the best thing is for you to add a second hard drive, clone the c: drive and store it on the second drive, then do a fresh install of windows 7 on the c: drive. That's the only way to really know how 7 will respond.

I had windows 7 rc loaded on a amd 64 3000 with two gigs of ram and it ran well for me.

Solution

shubham1401

Distinguished
How much is your Hard disk?You don't need second compulsorily.
I have installed windows 7 and windows xp in two different drive of the same HD.

BTW it may or may not run good(that's what you have to try)

I will say go for it for sure.Its very nice.

netguysc

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
You could just partition that 250g drive instead of purchasing a 2nd drive. On tjhe 2nd partition store the c: drive image. If you do not have an imaging program you can get a two week trial of acronis true image 12.. That should be enough time to decide how you feel about 7

jimishtar

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
i think u should stay with xp on that system. in therms of resource requirements the win 7 is somewhere between xp and vista. even if it works on this system, i believe it will just stress the system a lot, u wont see much of an improvement. 7 comes alive with multy cpu systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.