Which one and why?

rednu

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2001
Asus A7N8X DELUXE or A7V8X LAN/1394...I have reviewed both and dwnld both manuals...Both MOBO have + and -..Any thoughts?

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
i have a thought... but it revolves around getting more tequila.

maybe if you told us the +'s and -'s so we dont have to go hunting around for the data.

<b>You will die.
If you are lucky you may last ten decades.
If you are especially lucky you will be
remembered for another 5 decades.</b>

Ub3r_n00b

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2002
I would go with the A7N8X. Why? Because I have came to the conclusion that VIA = <font color=red>the devil</font color=red>. :lol:

But that could just be only my train of thought... :wink:

<font color=red> Remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people. </font color=red> :wink:

Lamoni

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2002
What made you narrow it down to just those choices? If you only buy ASUS motherboards, that is fine, but if not, I think that there are better value boards out there. ASUS generally provides quality boards, but they also generally have higher prices than many others... and no, I don't recommend ECS.

I would recommend an nForce2 chipset without integrated graphics and the better southbridge controller. VIA KT400 is slower, doesn't have as good of built in sound, and I have just had better experience with non VIA chipsets.

Like what was said before, What do you think what the +'s and -'s are?

Both will work and your computer will run just fine. Just pick either one and you will be happy.

LancerEvolution7

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2002
Nforce 2 is the best chipset for socket a processors as of now. I would also consider another brand besides asus. They make good boards, but there are better boards with a lower price tag out there. The Epox nforce 2 is pretty good.

Gangster

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2003
I have the A7V8X and I love it! The on-board sound and LAN is very good. It´s also very stable, made my PC2100 (CAS 2,5 by SPD) run completely stable at CAS 2,0 timings: 2-2-2-6. Even on a FSB of 160MHz (320 DDR)!!! On my old board (an ECS K7S6A), the most it would do was 145MHz at CAS 2,5.