Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Sis
  • RDRAM
  • Product
Last response: in CPUs
January 23, 2003 9:16:36 AM

http://www.hardware.fr/news/lire/23-01-2003/

I guess they are even faster that I850E that a 3 year old nortbridge so it can be beat easely.It support PC1200 and PC 1066 i guess when boards boards will avaible samsung will start to produce PC1200.Also it have all new feature AGP 8X USB 2 firewire and others i hope SIS can produce a quad channel RDRAM chipset.

Just next to the lab and the bunker you will find the marketing departement.

More about : rdram sis

a b à CPUs
January 23, 2003 9:09:35 PM

I read the "news" but where are the reviews?

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
January 23, 2003 9:18:03 PM

no reviews yet Abit claim the boards is allready in mass production and soon to be in store so i guess we will see SIS vs Intel under RDRAM.I just hope that SIS use a fast serialiser/deserialer just increase the clock speed of the MCH to slash RDRAM latency.On a alpha EV& lantency is record at 50 clock cycle lantency and close to 200GB/S on old PC 800

Related resources
January 23, 2003 9:37:08 PM

I found benchmark at Rambus developer forum there faster be about 3% compare to I850E exception to 3Dmark 1 % slower the good news is it support higher densitie module 512 and i guess 1GBit also 4I bank RDRAM also all speed of RDRAM up to 1333 mghz.PC1200 seen to be official as samsung sample are avaible for month

a b à CPUs
January 23, 2003 10:59:57 PM

Such a board could of course extend the usefullness of RDRAM as PC system RAM, but I've heard preliminary reports that the 658 was slower than the i850E, and even if it's faster, they would have to pull a real marketing trick to get enough of them out to the market to push PC1200 out as well.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
January 24, 2003 1:23:19 AM

The big thing that support 4 indepedant bank cost less to produce that 32 splint bank so price can drop a good 10 buck less that PC 3200

Related resources
!