I've been having problems with my computer. It's brand new, just put it
all together yesterday. Specs:
AMD 3500+ 64 bit 1ghz
Asus A8N-Sli Premium
1 Gig stick of Crucial DDR400
Geforce 6800GT 256 mb GDDR3 PCI-X16
250 Gig Western Digital 16mb buffer SATA2
When I load up windows it does everything fine until I let it sit for
anywhere from 2 to 5 minutes and it freezes, I can see the screen but
keyboard lights go off and so does the mouse. Any suggestions?

--
gambitsunob

Power Saving Scheme??
peterk

the problem
"gambitsunob" <gambitsunob.1t9jpp@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> I've been having problems with my computer. It's brand new, just put it
> all together yesterday. Specs:
> AMD 3500+ 64 bit 1ghz
> Asus A8N-Sli Premium
> 1 Gig stick of Crucial DDR400
> Geforce 6800GT 256 mb GDDR3 PCI-X16
> 250 Gig Western Digital 16mb buffer SATA2
> When I load up windows it does everything fine until I let it sit for
> anywhere from 2 to 5 minutes and it freezes, I can see the screen but
> keyboard lights go off and so does the mouse. Any suggestions?
>

> --
> gambitsunob

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> I've been having problems with my computer. It's brand new,
> just put it
> all together yesterday. Specs:
> AMD 3500+ 64 bit 1ghz
> Asus A8N-Sli Premium
> 1 Gig stick of Crucial DDR400
> Geforce 6800GT 256 mb GDDR3 PCI-X16
> 250 Gig Western Digital 16mb buffer SATA2
> When I load up windows it does everything fine until I let it
> sit for
> anywhere from 2 to 5 minutes and it freezes, I can see the
> screen but
> keyboard lights go off and so does the mouse. Any suggestions?
>

> --
> gambitsunob

Probably hardware problem since you just installed windows, check your
BIOS settings.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-Windows-XP-Freezes-ftopict404768.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1341303