Bluetooth problem with I9300 and Moto V600

Try as I might, I can't get my Motorola V600 and my Inspiron 9300 (with
installed Dell Bluetooth) to connect for file transfers. I use the Bluetooth
wizard and it wants to connect my phone as a dial up modem, asking for
things like a phone number and username and password. Using a different
approach (can't remember the details at the moment) I did get the comp and
the phone to pair up, but I could not find a way to transfer from the phone
to the computer (it appears that I have the option to transfer from the
computer to the phone, but that is not what I want.).

I have called Dell and after a while the tech claimed that it is my phone's
problem. Not sure if I buy this because I have gotten this same phone to do
file transfer with my older Inspiron and a Bluetooth dongle (although I am
not impressed with the robustness of the connection).

Anyone solved this problem before or have any useful comments?

Mike

p.s. The phone functions flawlessly with my Bluetooth handsfree car
connection

"Mike Marquis" <mmarquis@raytheon.com> wrote in message
> Try as I might, I can't get my Motorola V600 and my Inspiron 9300 (with
> installed Dell Bluetooth) to connect for file transfers. >
> Anyone solved this problem before or have any useful comments?

I just did this with my I9300 and a Motorola V710. Are you using the
Motorola Phone Tools Software? You have to be using the latest release. Do a
clean install and the set-up will walk you right through it. Make sure that
the laptop and the phone "see" each other before you do. Read the Bluetooth
instructions on the phone to set the "Find Me" active.

Jerry S.