Sign in with
Your question

STATIC

Last response: in Home Audio
March 7, 2010 10:24:17 PM

Hello,
i have in moniter speakers and there seems to be static coming form somewhere. Help it's driving me crazy. I have a brand new hp desk top .

More about : static

March 7, 2010 10:26:57 PM

I don't understand, are the speakers in your monitor, or do you have studio monitor speakers?
m
l
March 15, 2010 12:41:46 AM

astrallite said:
I don't understand, are the speakers in your monitor, or do you have studio monitor speakers?

Hi , They are in my monitor .
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b α HP
March 15, 2010 8:07:59 PM

Try muting the mic and line inputs on the PC's volume control panel (Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices)
m
l
March 22, 2010 12:46:27 AM

nope didnt work . it almost sounds like interference . is that possible ? it only happens when im on the internet , not when playing like a cd in the computer. i dont even have to be playing any sound to hear it.
m
l
March 22, 2010 12:45:59 PM

Check if your PC / monitor are using a grounded AC outlet.

Find a situation when you hear the static.
Unplug the monitor audio input from the PC and check if it's still audible:
- if it is, then it's related strictly to the monitor;
- if not, it may be related to an interference in the audio interface / motherboard or the cable is improperly shielded

Try to move the audio cable away from power / internet / phone cables.
Try to use headphones and see if the static is still audible.

All the above steps are to be tried when you are sure static was present.

Having a modem / LAN interface right near the (most probably unshielded) audio interface may also cause interference. Also, driver / software issues are not to be excluded.

Please inform us of any findings.
m
l
April 16, 2010 9:00:02 PM

I am getting a new moniter sent to me . I will let you know if I have the same problem , then I will know it is interference
m
l
April 17, 2010 2:24:41 AM

Lifting the ground by getting a 3 prong-to-2 prong adapter almost always fixes ground loop noise, but it's dangerous--any exposed metal can end up electrocuting you.
m
l
!