Smooth scrolling in IE and other proggies

I have a little problem with WinXP in that when scrolling up and down
in an Internet Explorer window, or any program window for that matter,
it is very jerking and distracting. How do I smooth this puppy out so
that I don't go insane and put a hammer through the screen?? :)

Thanks for any help!

--

The Seabat

For me in Firefox it's freaking pathetic and horrible with smooth scrolling
on. There's a noticable delay between going one mouse wheele scroll vsd when
firefox sees it and something happens. IE is better for me then firefox.
with firefox i turned it off and it's way better, but jerky yes.

"Lowrent" <lowrent3@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have a little problem with WinXP in that when scrolling up and down
> in an Internet Explorer window, or any program window for that matter,
> it is very jerking and distracting. How do I smooth this puppy out so
> that I don't go insane and put a hammer through the screen?? :)
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> --
>
> The Seabat

Frequently the reason is that the optimal drivers for the video card
were not installed. Look on the card manufacturers web site for current
ones, download and instal them.

> Frequently the reason is that the optimal drivers for the video card were
> not installed. Look on the card manufacturers web site for current ones,
> download and instal them.
>
> Lowrent wrote:
>
>> I have a little problem with WinXP in that when scrolling up and down
>> in an Internet Explorer window, or any program window for that matter,
>> it is very jerking and distracting. How do I smooth this puppy out so
>> that I don't go insane and put a hammer through the screen?? :)
>>
>> Thanks for any help!

That is a good suggestion as the jerkiness can be a video card thing maybe.
I'm not sure, but it does make sense a little.

I know for me that my newest pc from ABS just came Monday and ABS only
installs offical WHQL drivers that are fully updated and the best drivers
possible. So at least for me it's never driver related being I've got the
same issue on all pcs I've ever used. Firefox just is a bit jerky when
smooth scrolling is on.