Status
Not open for further replies.

jhoskins

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2010
I have two wharfdale speaker kits consisting of 8" woofer and 1' dome tweeter plus 2x ferrite cored coils and 4 mfd capaciitor.
I am anxious to find the wiring diagram for these kits.
The year of manufacture was approx 1968 to 1070.

Can you please help?

Solution
G
Most crossovers follow a basic design -- if you can find a diagram for speaker crossover of a similar vintage you should be able to improvise.

There are lots of vintage hifi sites on the net.

Good luck -- test using a multimeter to make sure your circuit returns roughly the right impedance. Finally, use an amplifier that you can afford to blow up (or which has fuses).
G

Usually the crossover (if the coils and cores you refer to are mounted on a circuit board) carries lettering which shows the correct connection polarity and HF LF markings.

Not to rain on your parade but I owned the Wharfedale Dentons which used drive units (probably) like the ones you describe.

I soon traded them in for some serious speakers by KEF. I stayed with KEF speakers for about 30 years, despite working on the Rank Leak/Wharfedale advertising account (much to the irritation of the Leak's Brand Manager).

jhoskins

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2010
Usually the crossover (if the coils and cores you refer to are mounted on a circuit board) carries lettering which shows the correct connection polarity and HF LF markings.

Not to rain on your parade but I owned the Wharfedale Dentons which used drive units (probably) like the ones you describe.

I soon traded them in for some serious speakers by KEF. I stayed with KEF speakers for about 30 years, despite working on the Rank Leak/Wharfedale advertising account (much to the irritation of the Leak's Brand Manager).

The crossover components were sent loose and are designed to screw to the wooden box interior.

G

Most crossovers follow a basic design -- if you can find a diagram for speaker crossover of a similar vintage you should be able to improvise.

There are lots of vintage hifi sites on the net.

Good luck -- test using a multimeter to make sure your circuit returns roughly the right impedance. Finally, use an amplifier that you can afford to blow up (or which has fuses).

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.