Why cannot system dialogs be resizable?

August 5, 2005 1:40:29 AM

Hello,

There are many Windows XP small dialogs for entering long strings, but they
are not resizable. For example, I want to edit the System Environment
variable PATH. The tiny dialog is useless. I need to copy the text to a
text editor, make my changes, then paste it back into the tiny dialog. This
is ridiculous for a modern advanced OS.

Thank you,
Don
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 1:40:30 AM

I didn't see a question mark anywhere in this post. Did you have a question
or did you just feel like ranting?

"Don Leckie" <don@leckieinc.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> There are many Windows XP small dialogs for entering long strings, but
> they are not resizable. For example, I want to edit the System
> Environment variable PATH. The tiny dialog is useless. I need to copy
> the text to a text editor, make my changes, then paste it back into the
> tiny dialog. This is ridiculous for a modern advanced OS.
>
> Thank you,
> Don

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 1:51:43 AM

Don Leckie wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There are many Windows XP small dialogs for entering long
> strings, but they are not resizable. For example, I want to
> edit the System Environment variable PATH. The tiny dialog
> is useless. I need to copy the text to a text editor, make
> my changes, then paste it back into the tiny dialog. This
> is ridiculous for a modern advanced OS.
> Thank you,
> Don

You might want to download this program:

http://www.digitallis.co.uk/pc/ResizeEnable/

Take a look at the ResizeEnable.txt file for instructions on
how to use the utility.

Nepatsfan
!