Why cannot system dialogs be resizable?

Hello,

There are many Windows XP small dialogs for entering long strings, but they
are not resizable. For example, I want to edit the System Environment
variable PATH. The tiny dialog is useless. I need to copy the text to a
text editor, make my changes, then paste it back into the tiny dialog. This
is ridiculous for a modern advanced OS.

Thank you,
Don
2 answers Last reply
More about system dialogs resizable

    I didn't see a question mark anywhere in this post. Did you have a question
    or did you just feel like ranting?

    Don Leckie wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > There are many Windows XP small dialogs for entering long
    > strings, but they are not resizable. For example, I want to
    > edit the System Environment variable PATH. The tiny dialog
    > is useless. I need to copy the text to a text editor, make
    > my changes, then paste it back into the tiny dialog. This
    > is ridiculous for a modern advanced OS.
    > Thank you,
    > Don

    You might want to download this program:

    http://www.digitallis.co.uk/pc/ResizeEnable/

    Take a look at the ResizeEnable.txt file for instructions on
    how to use the utility.

    Nepatsfan

Dialog Windows XP