Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi,

Any opinions from people who bought a Dell with Windows Media Center 2005?
Is the TV tuner offered by Dell good? Maybe if you could compare it with HP
Media Center m7170n Photosmart that would be great. The HP seems to be
significantly cheaper at similar configuration. What about Dell's remote
control?

Any Web site with reviews of both Dell and HP Windows Media Center offerings
will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I am pleased with my Inspiron 9300 with Media Center. Good tuner, however it
is USB based and too bulky for travel, requiring wall-wart power supply and
other stuff. Shouldn't be a problem for home use. Reception is good on my
home cable hookup, but if running on battery power it stutters a little
(probably wouln't if I changed the power use settings).

My setup was just a Hauppauge Media Center tuner. The remote requires a
seperate USB cable for its IR 'eye'.

Mike