DIM2400 - SOUND MAX

Hi,
The Sound Volume Icon disappeared from my Taskbar.

I went to CONTROL PANEL/SOUNDS AND AUDIO DEVICES and selected, "PLACE
ICON IN TASK BAR".

An error message popped up stating that the icon could not be placed
into the Task Bar because it is not installed. That I should install it
from ADD/REMOVE PROGAMS. I went to ADD/ REMOVE PROGRAMS and there I
became hopelessly lost. It asks for a CD or a floppy. Which CD? I used
Dell's DEVICE DRIVER CD(where SoundMax is), and got nothing.

My poor brain hurts trying to figure this out!

Help please?

Mike

<axipolti@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> The Sound Volume Icon disappeared from my Taskbar.
>
> I went to CONTROL PANEL/SOUNDS AND AUDIO DEVICES and selected, "PLACE
> ICON IN TASK BAR".
>
> An error message popped up stating that the icon could not be placed
> into the Task Bar because it is not installed. That I should install it
> from ADD/REMOVE PROGAMS. I went to ADD/ REMOVE PROGRAMS and there I
> became hopelessly lost. It asks for a CD or a floppy. Which CD? I used
> Dell's DEVICE DRIVER CD(where SoundMax is), and got nothing.
>
> My poor brain hurts trying to figure this out!
>
> Help please?
>
> Mike

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q319095

Stew