Rebuild Dell HD with CDRom?

Hi folks,

Some time ago I bought a Dell Optiplex G1 used through school. It
worked well for a while, but has recently been slowing-down and hanging
if left on for too long. Reboots will also sometimes hang shortly
after the "windows 98" screen.

I want to wipe the Hard Drive and restore it to factory default setup,
and here's my problem:

When I bought the computer, it came with a CD-Rom labeled Windows98.
It did NOT come with any other CD-Roms (for drivers, etc.). Is there
any way too make sure the CD-Rom I have has everything I need to
restore the Hard-Drive?

If not, how do I back-up the drivers, etc... that I will need? Should
I contact Dell?

Thank you all in advance for your replies.

If you go to support.dell.com, click Home & Home Office, then on the
right side it says Product Support, click the More Details link under
that, browse to your model, and you should be able to download any
drivers you need there there

I acquired my Optiplex without most of the drivers- video, sound, and so on-
and found them all on the site. Most helpful.

On 1 Aug 2005 11:01:09 -0700, haloeffects@hotmail.com wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
>Some time ago I bought a Dell Optiplex G1 used through school. It
>worked well for a while, but has recently been slowing-down and hanging
>if left on for too long. Reboots will also sometimes hang shortly
>after the "windows 98" screen.
>
>I want to wipe the Hard Drive and restore it to factory default setup,
>and here's my problem:
>
>When I bought the computer, it came with a CD-Rom labeled Windows98.
>It did NOT come with any other CD-Roms (for drivers, etc.). Is there
>any way too make sure the CD-Rom I have has everything I need to
>restore the Hard-Drive?
>
>If not, how do I back-up the drivers, etc... that I will need? Should
>I contact Dell?
>
>Thank you all in advance for your replies.

I bought a G-Series Opti on E-Bay. Windows 2000 installed on it fine.
I didn't need to hunt for drivers.
--
Top 10 Conservative Idiots:

haloeffects,
If you haven't wiped your hard drive yet. You should be able to copy and paste to a CD for restoration the following folder:
C:\Dell\Drivers

From the working Dell PC.

--

Rich/rerat