How turn my NIC on when running on the battery?

bill

I have a Dell Inspiron 9300. When I am running on the battery something
in the XP Pro SP2 power management setup disables the internal wired
Ethernet card to save power. How can I turn the NIC on when running on
the battery?

--
..Bill.

Try this

Control Panels->System->Hardware->Device Manager->Network
Adaptors->Right click on the network Adaptor, select Properties->Power
Management tab, deselect "Allow the computer to turn off this device to
save power"