Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

Is there a GOOD reason why vb .net needs IIS, I *cough* got a copy of
vb .net for college programing work, and it insists I install IIS,
even though this is totaly pointless, as I am going to be doing exacly
zero web releated programing/scripting (at least in vb .net) and IIS
would just slow my computer down. When I skip the instalation of IIS,
it asks me for "Visual Basic .NET Prerequisites disk", basicly, wtf is
that? and is it posible to install vb .net with out bloody IIS?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-VB-net-IIS-ftopict404809.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1341373

..NET seems to be used in creating web pages and IIS is the personally "web
server" for XP Pro.

"Sparda" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> Is there a GOOD reason why vb .net needs IIS, I *cough* got a copy of
> vb .net for college programing work, and it insists I install IIS,
> even though this is totaly pointless, as I am going to be doing exacly
> zero web releated programing/scripting (at least in vb .net) and IIS
> would just slow my computer down. When I skip the instalation of IIS,
> it asks me for "Visual Basic .NET Prerequisites disk", basicly, wtf is
> that? and is it posible to install vb .net with out bloody IIS?

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/General-Discussion-VB-net-IIS-ftopict404809.html

If at some point you wish to develop Web applications.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP