MN720 MN700 DHCP timesout

I am having so many problems with this MN700 and MN720
setup. I through it in my brother's laptop (Dell
Inspiron 5150) and it connected in about 4 seconds and is
great. My HP Pavilion is another story all together. At
first it would come up with an error saying that it was
the wrong WEP key. I was running no encryption at all.
I finally got that error gone, but now it just sits there
and timesout waiting for an IP. I assigned static IP's
to everything but it still won't connect. The other
thing is that the Pavilion has a built in wireless
adapter, but I had gone so far as to remove it from the
PC and reinstalled WinXP SP1 and even tried SP2. No
dice. I know that the card works, but for some reason
the combination of the HP and the MN720 is a no go. I
can use the built in one fine, but it only has WAP,
doesn't have the range of the MN-720 nor the speed.

Anyone got any ideas at all on this one. I even bought a
Belkin Wireless 802.11g card and same problem.
2 answers Last reply
More about mn720 mn700 dhcp timesout

    If I understand what you wrote correctly:
    The MN-700 and the Dell have no problems
    The Pavilion with an MN-720 doesn't work
    The Pavilion also doesn't work with a Belkin 802.11g adapter
    The Pavilion does work with the built-in 802.11b adapter.

    Some laptops have difficulty working with any 802.11g card, but work fine
    with 802.11b cards, which might explain the problem.

    --
    Neel Malik
    Program Manager

    "shasha" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am having so many problems with this MN700 and MN720
    > setup. I through it in my brother's laptop (Dell
    > Inspiron 5150) and it connected in about 4 seconds and is
    > great. My HP Pavilion is another story all together. At
    > first it would come up with an error saying that it was
    > the wrong WEP key. I was running no encryption at all.
    > I finally got that error gone, but now it just sits there
    > and timesout waiting for an IP. I assigned static IP's
    > to everything but it still won't connect. The other
    > thing is that the Pavilion has a built in wireless
    > adapter, but I had gone so far as to remove it from the
    > PC and reinstalled WinXP SP1 and even tried SP2. No
    > dice. I know that the card works, but for some reason
    > the combination of the HP and the MN720 is a no go. I
    > can use the built in one fine, but it only has WAP,
    > doesn't have the range of the MN-720 nor the speed.
    >
    > Anyone got any ideas at all on this one. I even bought a
    > Belkin Wireless 802.11g card and same problem.

    It is starting to look that way. Very odd though since
    it shouldn't have any issues if it is a PC Card Type III
    slot.

    And you were right in your deductions, the MN-720 works
    fine in the Dell and not in the Pavilion. I was
    convinced that there was something built in that was
    causing the issue, but I disabled all the network
    adapters and anything that had to do with them as well.
    I also got the new firmware update and that went rather
    well, though still no Pavilion connection.

Routers Networking