Diskeeper vs MS Defrag?

louise

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2003

I already own Diskeeper but I'm reformatting my hard drive and beginning again.

I'm wondering whether to reinstall Diskeeper or whether MS Defrag does just as well
and would appreciate any information or experience.

TIA

Louise

I've read very good reviews about Diskeeper, but the user interface looks
almost the same on both.
"louise" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I already own Diskeeper but I'm reformatting my hard drive and beginning
>again.
>
> I'm wondering whether to reinstall Diskeeper or whether MS Defrag does
> just as well
> and would appreciate any information or experience.
>
> TIA
>
> Louise

Diskeeper is about 100 times faster. That's reason enough.

Diskeeper can also defrag the MFT and Pagefile which the MS Defrag can't.

Brian

"louise" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I already own Diskeeper but I'm reformatting my hard drive and beginning
>again.
>
> I'm wondering whether to reinstall Diskeeper or whether MS Defrag does
> just as well
> and would appreciate any information or experience.
>
> TIA
>
> Louise

its also worth noting that the MS defrag is an adaptation of the same engine
written by the diskeeper people. Think of it as Diskeeper Lite. Very lite.

If you already own it, by all means, use it.

"Brian K" <iibntgyea4 REMOVE_THIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Diskeeper is about 100 times faster. That's reason enough.
>
> Diskeeper can also defrag the MFT and Pagefile which the MS Defrag can't.
>
> Brian
>

> "louise" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>I already own Diskeeper but I'm reformatting my hard drive and beginning
>>again.
>>
>> I'm wondering whether to reinstall Diskeeper or whether MS Defrag does
>> just as well
>> and would appreciate any information or experience.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Louise

louise

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2003

In article <NOhHe.68351$oJ.35662@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
"Brian K" <iibntgyea4 REMOVE_THIS@hotmail.com> says...
> Diskeeper is about 100 times faster. That's reason enough.
>
> Diskeeper can also defrag the MFT and Pagefile which the MS Defrag can't.
>
> Brian
>

> "louise" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >I already own Diskeeper but I'm reformatting my hard drive and beginning
> >again.
> >
> > I'm wondering whether to reinstall Diskeeper or whether MS Defrag does
> > just as well
> > and would appreciate any information or experience.
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Louise

Thanks - that's a good point

"Diskeeper Lite" is too kind. Brain-damaged Diskeeper is more accurate.

Interesting that Intel bundles a Diskeeper Lite on the CD with some of its
motherboards... Ben Myers

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 01:45:43 GMT, louise <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>I already own Diskeeper but I'm reformatting my hard drive and beginning again.
>
>I'm wondering whether to reinstall Diskeeper or whether MS Defrag does just as well
>and would appreciate any information or experience.
>
>TIA
>
>Louise
You've paid for it, so why not? I always download and run Diskeeper
when they have a free trail.
--
Top 10 Conservative Idiots: