How can I protect my folders and drive?

Dear all,
How can protect my personal folders and drives (e.g. drive D)? I wish to
create a pssword on my private folderes and drives. so that any one who use
my PC he or she can not access to those folders and drives. I don't want to
use Hidden files and folders option.
2 answers Last reply
More about protect folders drive

    I'm not sure if you can put a password control on the folders... There
    may be some other 3rd party tools that you can look at...

    In XP itself, you can set the security settings so to allow authorized
    users accessing the folder...

    --
    obenix

    obenix's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=4014

    "Sharif" <sharif78@omantel.net.om> wrote in message
    > Dear all,
    > How can protect my personal folders and drives (e.g. drive D)? I wish
    > to create a pssword on my private folderes and drives. so that any
    > one who use my PC he or she can not access to those folders and
    > drives. I don't want to use Hidden files and folders option.

    The best option is to password-protect your log-in, and provide a "visitor"
    log-in (do NOT use the guest account) for those who use your machine on a
    caual basis. You can then either make your folders private (if using Home
    Edition) or deny that user access if using Pro edition.

    HTH

Microsoft Hidden Files Windows XP