Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

my mic makes a wierd humming noise...

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Games
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
August 5, 2005 2:26:08 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

when i talk with my mic like on computer games and on ventrilo my buddies say
it makes a humming sound. and also ive tested it and it does, i know its not
my mic because i got a new one and also it dfoesnt do this in my other
computer. so im thinking its the computer. i built the computer so im not
sure what i could be. if anyone has any comments or can help thank you very
much.

More about : mic makes wierd humming noise

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 5:41:45 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

It could be your environment... maybe static electricity... my buddies
has also complained about this before..

So, I moved my mic a little further away from the CPU and toned down
the mic volume... works like a charm for me...:D 


--
obenix


------------------------------------------------------------------------
obenix's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=4014
View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-1870958309
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 10:13:24 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Try moving the mic wire.
--
Ron Sommer

"Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7C445D20-1FD5-408F-9D52-F90D1B35E22A@microsoft.com...
> when i talk with my mic like on computer games and on ventrilo my buddies
> say
> it makes a humming sound. and also ive tested it and it does, i know its
> not
> my mic because i got a new one and also it dfoesnt do this in my other
> computer. so im thinking its the computer. i built the computer so im not
> sure what i could be. if anyone has any comments or can help thank you
> very
> much.
>
Related resources
August 5, 2005 5:15:12 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Also keep mic and cable away from speakers and CRT.

--
Kenny Cargill


"Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message
news:enqM36amFHA.3144@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Try moving the mic wire.
> --
> Ron Sommer
>
> "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:7C445D20-1FD5-408F-9D52-F90D1B35E22A@microsoft.com...
>> when i talk with my mic like on computer games and on ventrilo my buddies
>> say
>> it makes a humming sound. and also ive tested it and it does, i know its
>> not
>> my mic because i got a new one and also it dfoesnt do this in my other
>> computer. so im thinking its the computer. i built the computer so im not
>> sure what i could be. if anyone has any comments or can help thank you
>> very
>> much.
>>
>
>
Anonymous
August 5, 2005 5:15:13 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

I would also add: direct the mic, and mic cable, away from the power supply.
Some power supplies are not correctly shielded and do give off interference.


"Kenny" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:urAFTZbmFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Also keep mic and cable away from speakers and CRT.
>
> --
> Kenny Cargill
>
>
> "Ron Sommer" <rsommer@nospam.ktis.net> wrote in message
> news:enqM36amFHA.3144@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Try moving the mic wire.
>> --
>> Ron Sommer
>>
>> "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:7C445D20-1FD5-408F-9D52-F90D1B35E22A@microsoft.com...
>>> when i talk with my mic like on computer games and on ventrilo my
>>> buddies say
>>> it makes a humming sound. and also ive tested it and it does, i know its
>>> not
>>> my mic because i got a new one and also it dfoesnt do this in my other
>>> computer. so im thinking its the computer. i built the computer so im
>>> not
>>> sure what i could be. if anyone has any comments or can help thank you
>>> very
>>> much.
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
!