Is this a decent deal

Someone is selling a Dell Inspiron 4000 with XP Home and 512MB mem.; 20 gb
Hard drive, CD/DVD Drive, wireless card and router and a few other goodies.

The battery does not hold a charge, so I'd need a new one.

How much is this worth??

Any ideas --- ballpark figure.

Mel

Assuming it also comes with all the factory Dell disks and other software,
it's worth about $400. If no disks or software, make that $300. You can
buy a brand new Dell notebook for $600 or less.

"Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Assuming it also comes with all the factory Dell disks and other software,
> it's worth about $400. If no disks or software, make that $300. You can
> buy a brand new Dell notebook for $600 or less.

What Kevin said. $300 and work your way up depending on the goodies and
essentials tossed in.

Factor in no warranty.

Stew