GX110 - trying to add a CD-ROM drive - getting "Unrecogniz..

I have a pair of the small GX110/733s and they do indeed use the laptop
style CD drives. I've replaced both of the ones I have and the last one was
$12 shipped (Ebay). Not too shabby for a kids computer.
Andy

Andy,

Very interesting - thanks for the info.

Did you need a special IDE cable to make this work? I have a spare laptop
CD/DVD drive from a ThinkPad. It looks like the IDE connection is not the
standard 40-pin config but a much smaller connector. Of course, you
probably already had the cable in your system, right? Or did you also have
to get a cable to make this work.

Just curious as to how you made this work Thanks for any info/insights!
Keith