Suggestion needed - online multiplayer

I'd like to get into online multi-player gaming. Suggestions please.
I am very green on this subject. Explain from zero...

My system is a 2.2 GHz Athalon, 1 gig RAM (PC2700), with 64 MBs nVidia
GeForce video chips on the motherboard taking from the RAM.

Before, I played DOOM & Heretic & liked it. I was out of computing
several years. Now I am back into it & hooked for good (The Internet
sure has changed!). I played Doom2 a little while ago. I like the
DOOM type of game. Please suggest something you think I might like -
I do not want to play in a game that has tons of commands to remember.
I also enjoy online space strategy gaming (Blacknova Traders - a web
based game).

D.
6 answers Last reply
More about suggestion needed online multiplayer
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    Hi D,

    You would probably enjoy FREELANCER! :-)

    Try their demo from:
    http://www.microsoft.com/games/freelancer/downloads_05.asp

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "D." <d@no_usenet_email..org> wrote in message news:q265d0dukjkjr3nn7qtucakgrnjuoans14@4ax.com...
    | I'd like to get into online multi-player gaming. Suggestions please.
    | I am very green on this subject. Explain from zero...
    |
    | My system is a 2.2 GHz Athalon, 1 gig RAM (PC2700), with 64 MBs nVidia
    | GeForce video chips on the motherboard taking from the RAM.
    |
    | Before, I played DOOM & Heretic & liked it. I was out of computing
    | several years. Now I am back into it & hooked for good (The Internet
    | sure has changed!). I played Doom2 a little while ago. I like the
    | DOOM type of game. Please suggest something you think I might like -
    | I do not want to play in a game that has tons of commands to remember.
    | I also enjoy online space strategy gaming (Blacknova Traders - a web
    | based game).
    |
    | D.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    Hi, I recomend Half life-Counter Strike 5.0 multiplayer.

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:20:23 -0400, "Jimmy S." <Private> wrote:

    >Hi D,
    >
    >You would probably enjoy FREELANCER! :-)
    >
    >Try their demo from:
    >http://www.microsoft.com/games/freelancer/downloads_05.asp

    Tnx, I'm going to download the 150 MB free version right now and take
    a look.

    ....D.
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    Tnx. I will look into it more now that I have something to work with.

    -----------------------
    On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 03:51:24 -0700, "Boris"

    >Hi, I recomend Half life-Counter Strike 5.0 multiplayer.

    ....D.
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    You should try Battlefield 1942 or BF Vietnam very easy to
    learn with lots of action.Both are GREAT GAMES and have
    LARGE online communities!
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    Or even Medal Of Honour wich is still going really strong... Check out the
    clan or Gaming Family as we like to call it...

    www.oldbastardsclan.com

    "Mrmimik" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > You should try Battlefield 1942 or BF Vietnam very easy to
    > learn with lots of action.Both are GREAT GAMES and have
    > LARGE online communities!

Multiplayer Video Games