Hi All,

This problem is driving me around the bend and causing a lot of
grief....everytime i open my home page on Internet Explorer www.bbc.co.uk and
navigate to the sport section it always gives me an old page 7 july. i have
gone into --> Tools --> internet options --> and deleted the Cookies, and
Temp Files and also gone into settings and have the option automatically
check for newer versions of the page.

None of this seems to help. Please could someone help with this matter.

--
Peter

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/
Does this take you to 7 July?
--
Ron Sommer

"Peter F" <PeterF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> This problem is driving me around the bend and causing a lot of
> grief....everytime i open my home page on Internet Explorer www.bbc.co.uk
> and
> navigate to the sport section it always gives me an old page 7 july. i
> have
> gone into --> Tools --> internet options --> and deleted the Cookies, and
> Temp Files and also gone into settings and have the option automatically
> check for newer versions of the page.
>
> None of this seems to help. Please could someone help with this matter.
>

> --
> Peter

Hi Ron,

Thanks for the reply.

No that page i assume gives me the latest page 2nd August last update.

What is causing my problem?

--
Peter

"Ron Sommer" wrote:

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/
> Does this take you to 7 July?
> --
> Ron Sommer
>
> "Peter F" <PeterF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> >
> > This problem is driving me around the bend and causing a lot of
> > grief....everytime i open my home page on Internet Explorer www.bbc.co.uk
> > and
> > navigate to the sport section it always gives me an old page 7 july. i
> > have
> > gone into --> Tools --> internet options --> and deleted the Cookies, and
> > Temp Files and also gone into settings and have the option automatically
> > check for newer versions of the page.
> >
> > None of this seems to help. Please could someone help with this matter.
> >

> > --
> > Peter

You should also clear Temporary Internet Files. Select "Delete Files"
since you may be still view a cached page from July 7.

There is a setting in Settings whuich would tell IE what to do when you want
a web page (Check for newer version of stored pages). I would suggest
selecting "Every visit to the page" or "Automatically".

> Hi Ron,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> No that page i assume gives me the latest page 2nd August last update.
>
> What is causing my problem?
>

> --
> Peter
>

> "Ron Sommer" wrote:
>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/
>> Does this take you to 7 July?
>> --
>> Ron Sommer
>>
>> "Peter F" <PeterF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > This problem is driving me around the bend and causing a lot of
>> > grief....everytime i open my home page on Internet Explorer
>> > www.bbc.co.uk
>> > and
>> > navigate to the sport section it always gives me an old page 7 july. i
>> > have
>> > gone into --> Tools --> internet options --> and deleted the Cookies,
>> > and
>> > Temp Files and also gone into settings and have the option
>> > automatically
>> > check for newer versions of the page.
>> >
>> > None of this seems to help. Please could someone help with this matter.
>> >

>> > --
>> > Peter

Gordon

"Peter F" <PeterF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> This problem is driving me around the bend and causing a lot of
> grief....everytime i open my home page on Internet Explorer
> www.bbc.co.uk and navigate to the sport section it always gives me an
> old page 7 july. i have gone into --> Tools --> internet options -->
> and deleted the Cookies, and Temp Files and also gone into settings
> and have the option automatically check for newer versions of the
> page.
>
> None of this seems to help. Please could someone help with this
> matter.

Australia 118 - 3!