/ Sign-up
Your question

What can I replace my computer speakers with?

  • High-End Audio
  • Speakers
  • Computers
  • Audio
Last response: in Home Audio
March 10, 2010 7:09:56 PM

I currently have a reasonably good computer speaker setup. I'm Using the creative gigaworks g500:

I wouldn't mind upgrading to an all digital system but there is one catch, I need speakers that can play the audio from two computers simultaneously.

I have a two computer setup: one is for games and one is for everything else. I have the game machine's audio plugged into the surround inputs (3 mini-jacks) and the other computer's line plugged into the aux in jack so that I can hear the audio from both computer's at the same time.

Is there a home theater setup that can do this? I'd like to use digital inputs if possible.

I currently have an Onkyo system in my living room similar to this:

Is there anything in that price range that'll do the job?

I'm not really an audiophile but I want decent sound. I'm willing to replace the sound cards with something with digital out.

More about : replace computer speakers

March 10, 2010 7:39:48 PM

ur spec of ure PC, are u serious?????
March 11, 2010 2:16:34 AM

Oh sorry that's just a sig.

My game pc is a core i7 920, 12 gigs ram, geforce 285x2, a soundblaster x-fi titanium, and windows 7 home premium 64 bit.
Related resources
March 11, 2010 4:50:25 AM

If you mean by switching sources on the fly, that is no problem, all you need is an A/V receiver. If you want both sources to be playing simultaneously, I'm not sure, but a stereo minijack splitter cable might do the trick. I can't promise that it won't mess up your speakers though.

If you do indeed want to simultaneously play 2 sources, why do you want that?
March 11, 2010 6:19:34 AM

Yes I want two sources at the same time. So I can have both computers plugged in at the same time and not have to worry about switching the audio.

What I'm really looking for is two simultaneous digital feeds.