Windows 7 graphics user experience of 1 with GTX 460

evo23

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
Hi folks,

I'm hoping you can help me with an odd Windows 7 user experience rating that I'm getting for graphics.

I have a homebuild machine with a Core i5 760 clocked up to 4GHZ, 4gigs of ram, and an NVIDIA GTX 460. Weird thing is, I'm getting a graphics desktop performance for windows aero of 1. Anyone know why I'm getting a 1 and how to fix?

Thanks!

evo23

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2010
Well, I'm not really sure if aero runs badly or not -- I'm not even sure what it does.

I would say that in general, however, I get very good to excellent framerates on programs like skyrim and flight simulator x (like 60FPS+) with lots of add-ons.

ignore it then :)

Aero is the hardware accelerated desktop for Windows with its fancy glass like transparent taskbar and program title bars.

It is also responsible for moving windows being nice and smooth without that page tearing effect that can happen without hardware acceleration on an operating system.

Despite being complained about(resource hog/ect), I personally think it was one of the best things they did to improve the users experience on windows(starting with Vista and newer)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Aero

MS must not like to too much because lots of the visual appeal(transparent window title bars ect) is being removed from Win8 :(