Outlook help!

August 5, 2005 10:08:02 AM

I recently installed Microsoft 2003 and I want to use outlook instead of
outlook express. All my mail still goes into outlook express and I've tried
everything but it still wont work. I cannot unistall outlook express in my
add/remove because its not there. I have have also recently refomatted my
hard drive so I dont want to start removing programes because I dont no what
I am doing. All I want to do is use outlook instead of outlook express. Can
someone plase explain how I do this. Thanx

More about : outlook

Anonymous
August 5, 2005 1:22:00 PM

Outlook Express is part of Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer is
integrated into XP and can not be removed. However, you can set Outlook
2003 as the "default" email program. Check under Setting/Tools in Outlook.

mini" <mini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently installed Microsoft 2003 and I want to use outlook instead of
> outlook express. All my mail still goes into outlook express and I've
> tried
> everything but it still wont work. I cannot unistall outlook express in my
> add/remove because its not there. I have have also recently refomatted my
> hard drive so I dont want to start removing programes because I dont no
> what
> I am doing. All I want to do is use outlook instead of outlook express.
> Can
> someone plase explain how I do this. Thanx
August 5, 2005 6:17:44 PM

"mini" <mini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently installed Microsoft 2003 and I want to use outlook instead
> of outlook express. All my mail still goes into outlook express and
> I've tried everything but it still wont work. I cannot unistall
> outlook express in my add/remove because its not there. I have have
> also recently refomatted my hard drive so I dont want to start
> removing programes because I dont no what I am doing. All I want to
> do is use outlook instead of outlook express. Can someone plase
> explain how I do this. Thanx

First of all, your email is still being read in Outlook Express
because.......you are opening Outlook Express!!!!! You need to set up an
email account in Outlook. Use the same settings as in Outlook Express. then
remove the account from Outlook Express.
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 4:23:38 AM

"mini" <mini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently installed Microsoft 2003 and I want to use outlook instead of
> outlook express. All my mail still goes into outlook express and I've
> tried
> everything but it still wont work. I cannot unistall outlook express in my
> add/remove because its not there. I have have also recently refomatted my
> hard drive so I dont want to start removing programes because I dont no
> what
> I am doing. All I want to do is use outlook instead of outlook express.
> Can
> someone plase explain how I do this. Thanx

You probably do *not* want to uninstall Outlook Express, even if you could.
This is because Outlook (not express) *uses* Outlook Express services to
send and receive POP/SMTP (standard internet) mail.

Simply open Outlook (not express). You should get an automatic message that
there are internet email accounts, and do you want to import them? Say yes.
Follow the prompts.

Alternately, open Outlook, and go to File, Import and Export, Import
Internet Mail Account Settings. Import this, then go back and import
Internet Mail and Addresses.

Please note that if you have over 2 gigabytes of mail in Outlook Express,
the import may fail. In that case, you have to create multiple .pst files
and import selected folders to separate files.

Finally, when you want to send and receive mail, just open Outlook (not
express).

HTH
-pk
!