outlook

Gordon thanx 4 replying to my message. Outlook was automatically set up when
I installed Microsoft office pro 2003. I want to not use outlook express how
can I do this?
12 answers Last reply
More about outlook

    Try the Outlook newsgroups.

    "mini" <mini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | Gordon thanx 4 replying to my message. Outlook was automatically set up
    when
    | I installed Microsoft office pro 2003. I want to not use outlook express
    how
    | can I do this?

    Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Set Program Access & Defaults,
    Microsoft, Select Outlook as default.
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    From the control panel select the mail icon and set it up. Then launch
    Outlook not Outlook Express.

    "mini" <mini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Gordon thanx 4 replying to my message. Outlook was automatically set up
    > when
    > I installed Microsoft office pro 2003. I want to not use outlook express
    > how
    > can I do this?

    Read the answer to your prev post.
    Stop useing OE

    "mini" <mini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Gordon thanx 4 replying to my message. Outlook was automatically set up
    when
    > I installed Microsoft office pro 2003. I want to not use outlook express
    how
    > can I do this?

    Just start using Outlook.Make it your default.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    mini wrote:
    > Gordon thanx 4 replying to my message. Outlook was automatically set up when
    > I installed Microsoft office pro 2003. I want to not use outlook express how
    > can I do this?

    I don't know where else to post this, so if someone can help, let me know,
    please. I want to back up my email address' from OUTLOOK but can't find the
    file that they are in, anyone know? Thanks in advance, Bob

    Robert wrote:

    > I don't know where else to post this, so if someone can help, let me
    > know,
    > please. I want to back up my email address' from OUTLOOK but can't
    > find the
    > file that they are in, anyone know? Thanks in advance, Bob

    Export your addresses and other data to a .pst file and back up that
    file. I believe the Import/Export function is under the File menu in
    Outlook, but since I don't use it you will have to check.

    Malke
    --
    MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
    Elephant Boy Computers

    File > Export > Contacts: Choose CSV file format.

    Outlook newsgroups include:

    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

    Robert wrote:
    > I don't know where else to post this, so if someone can help, let me know,
    > please. I want to back up my email address' from OUTLOOK but can't find
    > the file that they are in, anyone know? Thanks in advance, Bob
    >
    > "S.Sengupta" wrote:
    >
    > > Just start using Outlook.Make it your default.
    > >
    > > regards,
    > > ssg MS-MVP
    > >
    > > mini wrote:
    > > > Gordon thanx 4 replying to my message. Outlook was automatically set
    > > > up when I installed Microsoft office pro 2003. I want to not use
    > > > outlook express how can I do this?

    Well, all I want to do is backup my email address book. Outlook Express is
    no problem because it creates a Address file on the C drive but I've yet to
    find an Address file for OUTLOOK or even a way to download the info...

    Robert wrote:

    > Well, all I want to do is backup my email address book. Outlook
    > Express is no problem because it creates a Address file on the C drive
    > but I've yet to find an Address file for OUTLOOK or even a way to
    > download the info...

    If you will go to the Import/Export function in Outlook, you will see
    that you have a choice about what you are exporting. Your address book
    is "Contacts".

    Here is a good website for Outlook questions:
    www.slipstick.com

    Another great place to get information about this program is the Outlook
    website from Microsoft:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/FX010857931033.aspx

    And there are newsgroups just for Outlook. You might want to start here:
    microsoft.public.outlook.general

    And here is a list of all the Microsoft newsgroups; there might be other
    Outlook newsgroups that would interest you also:
    http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    "Don't Panic!"
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    I'll try those sites, I certainly appreciate it. By the way, when I go to
    the address book in OUTLOOK, the import/export lines are faded and won't let
    me do either one. Thanks again.

    Robert wrote:

    > I'll try those sites, I certainly appreciate it. By the way, when I
    > go to the address book in OUTLOOK, the import/export lines are faded
    > and won't let
    > me do either one. Thanks again.

    Since I don't use Outlook, I can't answer your question. I'm quite sure
    that you will find Outlook experts in the MS Outlook newsgroup:
    microsoft.public.outlook.general

    Good luck,

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    "Don't Panic!"
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Outlook Microsoft Outlook Express Windows XP