problem w/ Midtown Madness I

Hello everyone,

I am not able to control the vehicles in Midtown Madness 1, PC version. The
steering is completely nuts and the car goes wherever it wants to. I'm using
a keyboard. I also installed the update for MM from the MS homepage.

My specs are:
Athlon 1100
512 MB RAM
Sapphire Radeon 9200 (the latest drivers installed)
WinXP Pro

I used to have a Geforce2MX card and the game worked like a charme with it.
Maybe it's some sort of GPU / DirectX issue?

Any help or suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Issue solved, game has to be run in Windows95-compatibility mode.