Low Available Memory

In my system information, it says my "Available Memory" is 24.10%. Isn't
that low? What can be done about that. I have been getting a Blue Screen,
Fatal Error, Memory Dump message.
I contacted Dell, and they said my Hard Drive and Memory is failing. But,
how do they really know? What do I need to do?

Thanks!

Could we have a bit more information about the fatal error - particularly any
codes that are given, and any files that they reference?

Also, on the chance that there is a hard drive problem - backup all your
important files right now!

"marshur" wrote:

> In my system information, it says my "Available Memory" is 24.10%. Isn't
> that low? What can be done about that. I have been getting a Blue Screen,
> Fatal Error, Memory Dump message.
> I contacted Dell, and they said my Hard Drive and Memory is failing. But,
> how do they really know? What do I need to do?
>
> Thanks!

On the Blue screen, it has: ***Stop: 0x0000007F Memory Dump
When I did a Diagnosic test, it had Error Code 0F00:013E IDE Device
and Error Code 3B00:0345

In news:183C184B-6536-40EF-B078-7DE49F2B2D20@microsoft.com,
marshur <marshur@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> In my system information, it says my "Available Memory" is
> 24.10%.
> Isn't that low?

No. Wanting to minimize the amount of memory Windows uses is a
counterproductive desire. Windows is designed to use all, or
nearly all, of your memory, all the time, and that's good not
bad. Free memory is wasted memory. You paid for it all and
shouldn't want to see any of it wasted.
Windows works hard to find a use for all the memory you have all
the time. For example if your apps don't need some of it, it will
use that part for caching, then give it back when your apps later
need it. In this way Windows keeps all your memory working for
you all the time.

> What can be done about that. I have been getting
> a Blue Screen, Fatal Error, Memory Dump message.

It's very difficult to help with so little information. What did
it say on the blue screen?

> I contacted Dell, and they said my Hard Drive and Memory is
> failing.
> But, how do they really know? What do I need to do?

They probably don't, unless you gave them more info than you gave
us.

Please reply to the newsgroup

Dell manufactures your PC and they know this code. You now would need to
replace the RAM and hard drive.