Offline Files and Briefcase

Stephen

When you use offline files, can you get the folders that contain the files
to show in the Offline Files folder? For example, the same way the folders
display in briefcase. When I select a folders on the network to use with
offline files all I get is a list of all the files in that folder and
subfolder.

It will get hinky with several thousand files all mixed up :) I don't know,
briefcase may be the way to go. Any suggestions? Thanks!
-stephen

In news:e6gbu0cmFHA.3304@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
stephen@fakeaddress.com <stephen@fakeaddress.com> typed:
> When you use offline files, can you get the folders that contain the
> files to show in the Offline Files folder? For example, the same way
> the folders display in briefcase. When I select a folders on the
> network to use with offline files all I get is a list of all the
> files in that folder and subfolder.
>
> It will get hinky with several thousand files all mixed up :) I
> don't know, briefcase may be the way to go. Any suggestions? Thanks!
> -stephen

Briefcase=old 'n icky.
For offline files, you should look in Explorer at the exact same drive/path
you specified to be made available offline - then you'll see the folder
hieirarchy properly.

Personally, I am not an offline files fan - I recommend you check out
www.centered.com for something I find works much better. It's standard build
for all my laptop & remote users...I don't use anything of the kind for
LAN-connected machines.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

> In news:e6gbu0cmFHA.3304@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
> stephen@fakeaddress.com <stephen@fakeaddress.com> typed:
>> When you use offline files, can you get the folders that contain the
>> files to show in the Offline Files folder? For example, the same way
>> the folders display in briefcase. When I select a folders on the
>> network to use with offline files all I get is a list of all the
>> files in that folder and subfolder.
>>
>> It will get hinky with several thousand files all mixed up :) I
>> don't know, briefcase may be the way to go. Any suggestions? Thanks!
>> -stephen
>
> Briefcase=old 'n icky.
> For offline files, you should look in Explorer at the exact same
> drive/path you specified to be made available offline - then you'll see
> the folder hieirarchy properly.
>
> Personally, I am not an offline files fan - I recommend you check out
> www.centered.com for something I find works much better. It's standard
> build for all my laptop & remote users...I don't use anything of the kind
> for LAN-connected machines.

When you say you don't use 'anything of the kind' for LAN-connected
machines... do you mean windows sync tools or Second Copy 2000.
Sorry, I'm just not clear. This app looks interesting. By the way, I am on a
LAN connected workgroup at the home office. I work on my main computer, but
want to keep the laptop sync'd up when I travel. Thanks for the info... I'll
give SC2000 at look.
-stephen